Saturday, January 26, 2008

Our First Cakes

Since it's our last semester here at BYU-I, we decided it was time for us to take a laid-back class that would actually be fun. After constant pushing and prodding, I finally convinced Ryan to take a cake decorating class with me. We are now going into our fourth week of the class and have come to the conclusion that while my cake decorating skills are lacking, Ryan's are superb! In my defense, Ryan's mom has been decorating cakes for about 30 years so he's grown up watching his mom. If you don't believe me, check out our first cakes. Can you guess which one is Ryan's? (This was his attempt at making rosette's and shells manly).


2 comments:

Jon and Lara Stowell January 27, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

Sweet cakes yo. I took a class with my mom at Michael's in October. It is so much fun. It's just nice to know how to make a cake. Now whenever there is a birthday you can just make your own.

My family Begins March 7, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

Great looking Cakes! This may or may not surprise you but I have never baked a cake.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP