Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yes Man

After watching the movie, "Yes Man" on Friday night, Ryan and I decided that we aren't spontaneous enough in our lives. As a result, we decided to spend our Valentine's Day saying "yes" to whatever opportunities presented themselves.

We started off the day hitting a couple of rounds at the batting cages.


After a few intense rounds of batting, we came out of the park only to find a McDonald's right across the street. In the spirit of saying "Yes," we decided to have a romantic V-Day lunch at McDonald's. Following our "gourmet" lunch, we hopped back in the car and drove until we reached downtown Mesa. When we hit the downtown area, we parked the car and decided to take a stroll.


While venturing through the downtown area, we came across an awesome antique store. The store was massive and had a ridiculous amount of cool stuff. We spent over an hour rummaging through the two stories worth of antiques.



Later that day we had a V-Day feast at Texas Roadhouse. Following dinner, we hit up a late night showing of "Confessions Of A Shopaholic." (Although that wasn't Ryan's first pick, he was a good sport about it.) This post would be extremely long if we tried to include everything we did in the day, but those were a few of the highlights. 13 hours and only $30 later, I think we can honestly say that was the best Valentine's day ever. Hopefully, from here on out, we'll be a little bit more willing to say "yes" to new opportunities.

7 comments:

Karla February 15, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

You guys are so fun. Glad you said "Yes" to each other when deciding to get married! Haha. Cheesy, but I love it! :)

Ethan February 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Who did better at the batting cages?? I have seen Ryan hit...not that I am much better :)

Jon and Lara Stowell February 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Those pictures with the statues are so retarded I laughed so hard. HAHA! You guys are awesome. I love it!

Unknown February 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

Dude, Ethan, where's the love?

Ethan February 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

I clearly stated that I am not really any better than you are...therefore dissing myself as I ripped you. But then again, I have never seen you at a batting cage where you are actually getting good pitches to hit.

My family Begins February 20, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

I love the picture of you looking as if you're having a conversation with that statue; so cute!

Micah & Mishawn February 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Brock wishes we wouldt say yes to everything. we thought that might be a bad idea, but it looks like you guys had fun.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP