Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mexican Fiesta

Last night our friends threw a Mexican Fiesta at their house. As part of the party, they decided to hold a contest to see who had the best Mexican outfit. While everyone didn't dress up for the party, here is a picture of some of us who did.

Living in Mesa, Ryan and I had plenty of resources to do some in-depth research as to what the modern-day hispanic really wears. People were pretty shocked at how "authentic" I really looked. The pictures really don't do my whole "look" justice, but I guess it pays to look multiracial!

Me & Celeste

On our way to the party we had to stop by El Pollo Loco" to get some beans. It was so embarrassing having to walk in the restaurant dressed like we were. The sad thing is that I don't think anyone realized that we were "dressed up." (That is, until I started talking and didn't have any accent.)


The night was full of Pinata's, great Mexican food, and people trying all kinds of weird treats they thought would be a good addition to the party!



Once again, thanks for the great time Devyn and Celeste! You know how to throw a rockin' fiesta! Just let us know when you're throwing the asian-themed party and I'll be sure to look "authentic."

8 comments:

Adrienne July 27, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome! I want to throw that party RIGHT now, but I'm not sure that people would get it here. Only in Arizona.

P.S. When we first moved here, there was a coffee chain called "beaners." I laughed every time we drove past it. Someone from AZ must have finally educated them about being PC because it is now called Bigby's Coffee.

clybbert July 27, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

Oh my gosh Kenz I can not stop laughing! You and Ryan make great Mexicans.

Jon and Lara Stowell July 27, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

This is hilarious. You really DO look like a Mexi melt. I'll be honest, Ryan kinda looks like a farmer...but your outfit is muy bueno.

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

LOL....love it...you guys look great...best-looking Mexicans I've ever seen.

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

seriously. you looked ah-mazing. looks like the party really started after we left. lucas?! why didn't i see that?


:)

Tiffany Hatch August 3, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

YOu looked so mexi! I loved it! Thanks for always posting lovely pictures of me!

Breezy August 13, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

HAHAHAHAH This is TOO Funny. Call me we need to chat!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP