Sunday, April 20, 2008

Little Surprises

After 3 years of freezing in Idaho, we are officially warm again! On Thursday we made the long drive from Rexburg to AZ and on Friday we got moved into our new apartment. We absolutely love being able to go outside without having to bundle up!

Before moving back to AZ, we seriously searched for months for a good deal on an apartment. It was tough to find a place that would work for us since we want to get into a house in the next 6 months. Apparently, apartments expect you to pay a lot more if you want a short lease. So when a friend (thanks Celeste) told us that her old apartment was available, we jumped on it as it's a super smokin' deal. Although the apartment is older, it'll save us a lot of money as most of the utilities are included. However, since moving in, we continue to find more and more surprises. Here are a few of the surprises we've found SO FAR:

1. No baseboards in any of the carpeted rooms (only in the kitchen and bathrooms)
2. No lights (Yep, that's right, there's only lights in the kitchen and bathrooms)
3. No microwave (I went to heat up some food yesterday, only to realize that we don't have a microwave. It's sad that it took us almost 2 days to realize this one)

Don't get me wrong, overall, we like the apartment and it should work out well. Hopefully we just won't have too many more surprises. But it's a fun adventure living in a new place and we're excited to see what new surprises each day will bring. So stay tuned, you never know what new surprises will pop up next!

7 comments:

Celeste and Devyn April 20, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

haha thats funny. So the baseboards that are there always looked kind of dirty to me but don't bother scrubbing them cause one almost came off when I did (is it weird that I tried to scrub the baseboards?) Anyway I think you guys were spoiled in Rexburg! :)


Oh and ps, just a warning... your dryer takes like an hour and a 1/2 to dry one load... enjoy :)

Jon and Lara Stowell April 21, 2008 at 6:39 AM  

HAHA! You guys are funny. Celeste, I scrub baseboards too...well...occasionally when I actually decide to deep clean my house. That's only twice a year. HA! So MacKenzie you're home! You need to come over if you're not super busy already. You've never seen my house or my baby in person. We need to play. Even if I have to pack us up and come to your apartment, I'm ready. I'm going to text you this week.

Adrienne April 21, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

Jealous! Waaa I want sun! You can go see Lara when I'm there. I want to cuddle her little chub-a-lub.

Anonymous,  April 21, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

LOL..that's hilarious....no microwave...I'd be running out the front door crying...I use mine daily! The lack of baseboards is probably a plus...they just collect dirt and look like crap...maybe I'll rip mine out..thanks for the idea...LOL!

Kristin Coppee April 22, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Yay! You're back! Now we need to work on Adrienne!

Melissa Hollobaugh April 23, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

YAY!! you're home, finally! Okay now I can plan something for all of us, We'll do it a Celeste's lol. I missed u, So i'm gonna have to come visit in a few weeks!!

Mary Mac April 25, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

You two are so spoiled! Neither our first apartment OR our house
had a microwave....Ha! Pretend that you are camping...
Hey, we have sun too......
Love, Mom

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP