Wednesday, February 2, 2022

5-Year-Old Camp

Camp is always full of energy & is quite the chatterbox. He loves looking for bugs & equally likes to “bug” his siblings. He is tenderhearted and quick to apologize when he’s done something wrong. When he has something to say he usually prefaces it with “Can I tell you something?” & says “I love you” at least 5 times a day.

At bedtime last night, I was telling Camp how much I was going to miss “5-year-old Camp.” He asked me to sing him a song about it so I put my words to a made-up tune. As I finished singing, tears welled up in his eyes & he said “you’re making me cry.” He then proceeded to sing to me with the same teary eyes. The saddest part about parenting little kids is that they grow up way too fast. 🥲 Happy birthday big boy - here’s to hoping this next year goes by a whole lot slower.





0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP