Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Everything Tastes Better On A Stick

Let me first say that I've been told many times that I'm not the most "conventional" mom. From wheeling my daughter around in a wheelchair at the airport to dressing her up in doll clothes, I'm very well aware of the fact that I often do weird things to entertain my child.

On one particular day, Maeli "decked" herself out in jewelry right before we went outside to play. When meal time rolled around, she refused to eat because she was too busy playing with a stick. In an effort to get her to eat, I decided to pop the food onto her stick. I know it's not the most sanitary thing, but she was completely enthralled and gobbled the food right up. She then proceeded to eat the entire meal off her stick. I know that the day will soon come when I won't be able to win any battles with this girl so I'd like to make note of this small victory. Until next time, Maeli Grace!








4 comments:

Drew and Tarah October 18, 2011 at 6:02 PM  

actually...i LOVE this idea! ;)

Adrienne October 18, 2011 at 6:29 PM  

Such cute pictures. Even cuter girl!!!! I miss her!

Rob cuts up fruit and vegetables and gives our kids toothpicks to eat them. You two should be married, you think so much alike!

Mom October 18, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

Hey,whatever works! Cute idea! I think it's cute how captivated she is with jewelry! She likes bling...are you sure she is your daughter???

Ethan October 19, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

That bandana is definitely a sign she is your daughter...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP