Saturday, May 31, 2008

Camelback Mountain


Since we're usually cooped up in offices all week long, we thought it would be nice to get outside this weekend. So this morning we went and hiked Camelback Mountain. For the record, that mountain looks tiny, but don't be deceived, it's a lot bigger than it looks. When hiking the mountain, there are 4 different trails you can choose. We chose one of the "expert" trails thinking that it would be a piece of cake. The hike was only about 1.2 miles each way, but it was straight uphill. It was basically like walking up huge stairs for 1.2 miles. I haven't had a workout that tough in a long time. I'm pretty sure my calf muscles tripled in size. Although we pretty much hated our lives the entire time, we're glad we did it. Next time we just won't go in the middle of the day in May.

6 comments:

Adrienne May 31, 2008 at 5:41 PM  

Ahh how cute. You two have matching basketball shorts on.

Celeste and Devyn June 1, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

aww cute picture. haha when we first hiked it as we drove past, I told devyn "that thing is puny" and when we got to the first part with the rail I took it back real fast. Its a good work-out! Sounds like you guys had an entertaining weekend.

Sara Randall June 2, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Kenzie! I didn't know that you were in Arizona! Are you here for good? Or just visiting?

Karla June 4, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

I miss doing that hike! It's a blast and an absolutely great workout. And for the record, it IS puny! Try hiking to the top of Timpanogos in Provo. Now that is a tough hike and so worth the view from the top!

Kristin Coppee June 10, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Try Flat Iron in the Superstition Mountains. My dad made me do that one as a teenager. When we reached the top, I wanted to die. I walked to the edge of the cliff and my dad got really nervous because: 1. He's afraid of heights. 2. I really seemed like I wanted to end it all right there. LOL. I came down that trail on my backside. It was the only way.

Let me tell you the best time to hike in AZ - NEVER! It's too stinkin' hot! Actually, maybe January or February. I'm a wimp, huh? Yeah. I am.

Kurt and Lynlee June 23, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

I love this picture!! Amazing view and two way cute people!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP